Monday, October 13, 2008

Escalation League Round 2: Doubles

Last weekend I engaged in the next round of our escalation league. The points were upped to 750.
I took the following.
HQ
Farseer w/Singing Spear, Runes of Warding, Fortune
Prince Yriel, Autarch of Iyanden
TR
10 Wraithguard w/Spiritseer with Enhance
5 Rangers

We had a doubles game, where we paired up with a friend to do a mission. The mission placed the attackers on opposite short board edges, their objective was to meet with each other. The defenders job was to stop them. Me and another Eldar player faced off against a Chaos army and a Dark Eldar army. The turn started with a thunderous multi unit assault with my wraithguard unit, a squad of berzerkers, Kahrn, a Daemon Prince, Dark Eldar warriors, and Dark eldar witches. After the first round, the wraithguard won, but at a heavy price. The battle was basically a tarpit with my one huge unit, allowing my ally to focus his fire whereever it was needed. This was a major victory for the Combined Eldar Alliance.

Now to the Fun stuff, MORE IYANDEN!!

I faced off against a friend who was in town, I loaned him my Blood Angels army. The odds were not in his favor though as he was new to the list, and I knew it inside and out. It was a crushing victory, but there are two important highlights. My wraithlord charged a 5 man, space marine squad, killed one, took two wounds from a powerfist (that only had 2 attacks) and failed his no retreat save, so he died. Oops. Yriel and his friends (The Wraithguard) were charged by 20 Space marines (4 combat squads of 5), upon Yriels first turn at Initiative 8, he unleashed the eye of Wrath, killing 13 Space Marines and 1 Wraithguard. Yriel is awesome. Needless to say, I won that combat.

More to come!!!

-Mike

No comments: