Monday, September 29, 2008

This weekend in 40k

So, this weekend, rocked some 40k action.
First the escalation league.
I played a new space marine list with 10 marines, a chaplain, 5 scouts, and a vindicator.
(Nothing in my list can hurt a vindicator)
The mission was annihilation. It basically consisted of my 2 main units killing the 10 man squad and chaplain while weathering vindicator/rocket-sniper scout shots. In the end, I had 3 avengers left... but I managed to kill the chaplain and 10 marines. 2-2 draw.

Next game I returned against a Dark Angles opponent. Capture the flag mission. He had 2 5-man squads, 5 terminators and a chaplain. I seized the initiative and immediately advanced 10 Dire Avengers and Asurmen towards a 5-man squad holding down my opponents flag. The ensuing shuriken fire kills all 5. From here, he ran his termies forward with his chaplain while moving his other scoring unit towards his flag. I kept a unit in back the entire game to cover my own ass. After some terrible armor saves, asurmen and the unit of avengers was killed. At the end, we each controlled our own flag. Another draw.

Next I played A chaos player in an annihilation. He had a Lash Daemon prince, 2 squads of berzerkers and 8 summoned daemons. mathmatically this game was tough, my opponent is crafty. I did nothing for the first 2 turns, until my opponent used his first lash. If he passed, bad times. If he failed, He would get bladestormed to Death. He passed his psychic tests and the rout was on. I lost.

Now to the good stuff. IYANDEN!!
HQ
Yriel
Farseer w/runes of warding, fortune.
Troops
10 wraithguard, warlock with enchance
2 x 5 pathfinders
10 dire avengers in a wave serpent
Elites
5 wraithguard, warlock in a wave serpent
Heavy
5 Dark reapers, all the goods.
wraithlord with scatter laser, missile launcher
Falcon with shuriken cannon, holo-field


I played 2 2000 point games with my Iyanden. In the first I played against guard, I felt that I dominated the game, obliterating most of his units whilst losing none of my own. I got a bit ahead of myself and forgot to fire at his only scoring unit, d'oh. The game ended on turn 5 due to an unlucky random game length roll. Draw! (although I feel one more turn would have seen me victorious)

Now to the match of the day (in my opinion)
I played against A dual lash list (the player that had justy beaten me senseless at 500 points)
The game is Dawn of war Annihilation.

Here are, in my opinion, some of the best moments. First let me preface by saying that my 10 man wraithguard/yriel/farseer unit never fired a shot. second turn the daemon prince lashes my big unit (so he can chrager the farseer and not be attacked by Yriel) and the daemon prince, 9 daemons and 8 berzerkers charge. I won't get into the details (they're messy) but the combat lasted 3 pahses and saw 1 wraithguard and ALL of his units die. This happened again 3 turnsd later when a sorcerer, 5 terminators and 9 berzerkers charged. In the end, the sorcerer and 3 terminators were left. The unit combination yielded 0 kill points, but claimed 4. My falcon was de-gunned so I decided to ram a defiler, he chose to death or glory and destroyed my falcon. His vindicator moved on top of my destroyed falcon (to "teabag" it) *writers note: for those of you unfamiliar with teabagging, visit urbandictionary.com and read up. Obviously miffed to my falcon being teabagged, I rammed the vindicator with a wave serpent (with star engines) at 32 inches away. Needless to say, we both were destoryed, my falcons honor restored. In the end I had lost only 3 units (3 kill points) whilst my opponent had lost 7.
IYANDEN FTW!!

I was impressed by my huge wraithguard unit.

-Mike

No comments: