Monday, September 22, 2008

Escalation League Week 3

Due to a "vacation" I was unable to participate in week 2 of our escalation league. In week 3, I played a few games. My list remained unchanged (mostly because it is a league rule to keep the same list, I was unaware of the change of this rule, but apparently it was changed)

First game against tyranids; there were 4 monstrous creatures in this list. I lost, badly. There was nothing tactically I could have done different.
Second game was also against tyranids, but with only 1 Monstrous creature. Due to a failed chrage by Asurman(less than an inch), I got shot and pummeled.

Until this point, I had not caused a single CASUALTY in two games. Damn monstrous creatures!!

My third game I played against another eldar player. He had a farseer, 2 squads of 5 pathfinders, a squad of 5 bikes, and 3 war walkers, each with 2 Shuriken Cannons. This game was pretty brutal. (it was the capture the flag mission) Asurman was busy locked in combat with 3 war-walkers and the farseer, eventually killing all but 1 war-walker. The 2 rangers squads held his objective. I had one Avenger squad holding my objective, the bikes came up to contest, but I bladestormed and killed them all. The game ended in a draw.

I played a fourth game for fun against a lad that challenged me. He brought a nurgle daemon prince, 5 thousand sons, and 5 berzerkers. I began by bladestorming the two small squads. I kille 3 models. 69 shots, 3 casualties, fail. He charges with the daemon prince and berzerkers. The daemon prince killed the entire avenger squad, by smashing and chasing me down. Asurman defeated the charging berzerkers. Asurman charges the daemon prince, and causes zero wounds. the avengers run from the thousand sons, since they cant shoot anyway. The thousand sons fire at the other avenger squad and kill the exarch and 2 other Avengers. Asurman does a wound to the daemon prince and he fails his Ld test, and dies. During my turn, Asurman and the remaining avengers charge and wipe out the thousand sons.

So, in this week 3 I went 1-1-2. This is one of the worst weeks I have ever had. I need to do better next time. In retrospect, not using the combat patrol-esque rules in a 500 point game allows for some pretty abusive lists to be built.

-Mike

No comments: