Thursday, January 13, 2011

"And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them."

Demons, or more correctly, Daemons.

Having played Fantasy Chaos and 40k Chaos I amassed a collection of Daemon models.
I sold my Mortal and Chaos Space Marine armies. I have some daemons left over.
My friend Leigh intended to purchase some of the new plastic Bloodcrushers to convert into Thunderwolf Cavalry.
We decided to combine our efforts and create a Chaos Daemons army for 40k.

Through playtest we worked out a core list that revolves around the following units.
-Skulltaker on Chariot
-Herald of Khorne on Chariot
-Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot w/Bolt
-Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Plaguebearers
-5 Plaguebearers
-6 Fiends of Slaanesh
-6 Bloodcrushers w/all upgrades
-6 Bloodcrushers w/all upgrades
(This fills all HQ, Troop, and Elite choices on the standard Force Org. chart)

We each seasoned the list to taste by adding Heavy Support and Fast choices.

We divided our core list between us to purchase model and paint.
I was tasked with purchasing, building/converting/painting the following:
-Herald of Khorne on Chariot
-Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot w/Bolt
-Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Horrors w/Bolt
-5 Plaguebearers
-5 Plaguebearers
-6 Fiends of Slaanesh

I already acquired 3 Fiends and a box of Horrors from a "Bizarre Bazaar". I owned another box of horrors and plaguebearers. I would need to convert the Heralds and Chariots.

As I work through this, and other projects, I hope to post my progress on here. Stay tuned.

-Mike

3 comments:

Unknown said...

By mortal Space Marine armies, do you mean your Blood Angels?

Saint Omerville said...

Mortal Chaos, for Fantasy

Dameon Green said...

Impressive list! Need any other Chaos daemons bits, bobs or models... I have a ton laying about