Saturday, January 8, 2011

Footdar versus Million Blood Angel March

Friday. January 7th. 2011.
My friend Chris asked for an 1850 point game, I responded...with Footdar.

The Footdar, 1850.

Avatar
Eldrad
10 Dire Avengers w/Exarch, Power Weapon & Shimmershield, Defend
10 Guardians w/Scatter Laser
10 Guardians w/Scatter Laser
10 Storm Guardians w/2 Flamers
5 Rangers
8 Striking Scorpions w/Exarch, Scorpions Claw, Striker, Shadowstrike
7 Fire Dragons w/Exarch, Firepike, Crack Shot
7 Harlequins w/6 Harlequins Kisses, Shadowseer
3 Support Weapons w/3 D-Cannons
3 Support Weapons w/3 D-Cannons
3 Dark Reapers w/Exarch, Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot

The Million Blood Angel March
Mephiston
Librarian w/Shield of Sanguinius, Fear of the Darkness
10 Tactical Blood Angels w/Lascannon, Meltagun, Powerfist
10 Tactical Blood Angels w/Lascannon, Meltagun, Powerweapon
10 Tactical Blood Angels w/Lascannon, Meltagun, Powerweapon
5 Assault Blood Angels w/Meltagun, Hand Flamer
2 Sanguinary Priests w/Meltabombs
10 Devastator Blood Angels w/4 Missile Launchers
10 Devastator Blood Angels w/2 Missile Launchers, 2 Multi-Meltas
10 Devastator Blood Angels w/4 Plasma Cannons

We roll for a Seize Ground (3 Objective) Spearhead

Chris (My Opponent) wins the roll and deploys in a rough semi-circle directly on the edge of his deployment zone. All units Combat Squad. He keeps his assault squad in reserve, it will arrive via Deep Strike I deploy more so to the left of my quarter to keep my D-Cannons behind a hill if I lose my Harlequin screen. I keep my Dire Avengers and Scorpions in reserve, the Scorpions will arrive via outflank.

Two pictures of the deployment.


I fail to seize and Chris begins.

Turn 1:
Chris: Chris begins by moving very little. He opens up on my lines. His Plasma Cannons kill 1 D-Cannon and 3 crew from my right Support Weapon squad. The Multi-Melta half of the devastators kill 2 Fire Dragons.

Me: I Fortune both D-Cannons. I move my Harlequin screen forward. I kill 2 boltguns from a 2xPlasma Cannon squad, they fail their pinning test, but will later fall back, unpinning them. The Fire Dragons move up and kill 4 from a melta tac squad, only the sergeant remains.

Two pictures from the bottom of turn 1:


Turn 2:
Chris: Chris does not get his reserves in. His Lascannons and some Missile Launchers only do one wound to the Avatar, due to some great Invulnerable saves on my part. The Fire Dragons get charged by the sergeant, but we all whiff, a 0-0 Draw.

Me: I also do not get any of my reserves in. I fortune the D-Cannons and move them forward, as they only have a range of 24". The Dark reapers kill 3 from the other 2xPlasma Cannon devastator Combat Squad. The Fire Dragons defeat the lone sergeant in Close Combat.

One pic from the bottom of turn 2:

Turn 3:
Chris: The Assault Squad arrives from reserves and Deep Strikes next to the Dark Reapers. Mephiston leaps out towards the Fire Dragons. The Lascannon and Missile Launcher force does two wounds to the Avatar. The Assault Squad kills one of the Dark Reapers. Mephiston charges and wipes out the Fire Dragons.
Me: My Dire Avengers arrive from reserves. I am only able to fortune one of the D-Cannon squads because Mephiston's psychic hood is in range, and me rolling 3 1's for those tests. Oh well. The Avengers, coupled with some other firepower, kill 3 of the 5 Assault Marines. I kill one of the 2-man 2xPlasma Cannon teams. The Dire Avengers assault the Assault Squad, they kill one and lose zero. The break test is passed. The Harlequins assault Mephiston and do four wounds while only losing one of their own.

Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of the bottom of turn 3.

Turn 4:
Chris: The Lascannon/Missile Launcher deluge finally downs the Avatar. Plasma Cannons and Frag Missiles kill a handful of guardians. One squad breaks while under half. In combat, Mephiston is joined by the Multi-Melta combat squad and Librarian. The Harlequins do no wounds, lose a few and break, with one model left. The Dire Avenger Sergeant combat ends in a 0-0 draw.

Me: I fortune the squad with Eldrad and Guide both D-Cannon squads. My Scorpions arrive from reserves and outflank behind Chris' lines. First, the Rangers do the final wound to Mephiston. The D-Cannons go nuts and kill ~12 Blood Angels from various squads. 3 units become pinned, sadly 2 fall back. The Dire Avengers finally step up and kill the Assault Marine Sergeant. The Scorpions assault a 2xMissile dev squad with 28 attacks and roll the following...
7 hits? Hell yeah. So, I kill two and lose one, but the Angels hold.

Two pics from the bottom of Turn 4:

Turn 5:
Chris: Chris shooting really does nothing due to my Epic Fortune and cover save rolls. Chris brings another Devastator squad, a 5-man Tactical w/Powerweapon, and a Sanguinary priest into the combat with the Scorpions. I kill some, lose some and lose by 1. I pass my morale test.
Me: I start moving my Storm Guardians and Guardian defenders to score the objective in my deployment zone. I move the Dire Avengers towards the midfield objective. I kill one Plasma Cannon and a handful of Blood Angels around the midfield objective. In assault, the Scorpions kill 1, lose 2, break, and are run down.

Two pictures from the bottom of Turn 5:


Turn 6:
Chris: Chris spends his turn moving his scoring units into position to secure his objective and the midfield objective.
Me: I Guide both D-Cannon squads. I move the Dire Avengers towards the midfield objective.
I begin by killing every scoring model on the midfield objective and a bunch of models on the far objective. Everyone holds. The Dire Avengers charge into the MM Devs+Librarian, win combat, and manage to have a model within 3" while there are no Blood Angels contesting.

The game ends. The Footdar have 2 Objectives and the Blood Angels have one.

Here are the final two pictures.

No comments: