Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FrAG Summer League 2011: Update 7/19/11

I finished the first round of our 3 round summer league.

I played next against Leigh's Drop Pod Space Wolves.
Leigh, in an epic feat of poor rolling, dropped everything down and was able to kill about 3 Chaos Space Marines. (including firing 5 multi-meltas, hitting twice, wounding once, but I 5+ saved) He conceded after the counter-attack.

I then faced the BA list played by Aaron. Due to some odd deep strikes, I was unable to kill Mephiston early with plasma guns. He did die, but not before taking out a Chaos Space Marine squad. The game ended on Turn 5 by a score of 5-6 I think. It was sad because I had terminators in combat with non-power weapon units...

I then finally played against Pete and his Imperial Guard. I deployed first to spread out, Pete did an almost-refused-flank. I deep struck the termies in and went to work on hitting the Chimeras to get easy(er) kill points. I was able to get up in KP's and hide with the majority of my Infantry.

At the end of the first season I end up 3-2-0 but with the most Victory Points Achieved!

Stay tuned for an update of the 1850 round.

-Mike

No comments: