Thursday, January 19, 2012

Charge!?

There might be some way to insert an interrobang, but I have not yet found it, and would have liked to have it in this title.

I made a close combat list, Blood Angels. Here is what I came up with.

HQ
Mephiston
TR
5 Assault Marines w/Meltagun, Lightning Claw
Rhino w/Dozer Blade
5 Assault Marines w/Meltagun, Lightning Claw
Rhino w/Dozer Blade
5 Assault Marines w/Meltagun, Infernus Pistol, Power Weapon
Rhino w/Dozer Blade
5 Assault Marines w/Meltagun, Infernus Pistol, Power Weapon
Rhino w/Dozer Blade
5 Assault Marines w/Meltagun, Infernus Pistol, Power Weapon
Rhino w/Dozer Blade
10 Tactical Marines w/Meltagun, Lascannon
Razorback w/Twin-Linked Lascannon, Dozer Blade
2 Sanguinary Priests w/2 Lightning Claws, 2 Combi-Meltas
Furioso Librarian w/Wings, Shield
Furioso Librarian w/Wings, Shield
2 Attack Bikes w/2 Multi-Meltas
2 Attack Bikes w/2 Multi-Meltas

So, the idea is to have a fast, mobile, short ranged fire/assault capability.
(Lately I have been playing a LOT of firepower armies and really wanted something different)

So, obvious weaknesses.
  • No real ranged anti-tank to speak of.
  • Can this army still deal with similar close combat unit, (Death Cult assassins, Dark Eldar, Daemons) or against dedicated close combat units (TH&SS Termies)? Probably not in a straight, fair fight.
  • I have mobility, but I can be de-meched on First turn. Hopefully I have enough vehicles to survive that. What I cannot survive is being out maneuvered. I fear Dark Eldar will be able to take an awesome toll on me, so I kind of fear them. I have not really played against a lot of Dark Eldar; Something I should remedy.
For a CC list, I am actually not that strong in Close Combat. I feel Grey Knights, with their myriad of tricks will mess me up before I get to swing. (For those that do not know, the Grey Knights codex is almost a perfect counter for the BA codex as it removes all of their strengths, I should touch upon this.)

-Mike

No comments: