Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Iyanden Project

Back in the day (2nd and 3rd edition) I used to play Eldar.
I began by playing Ulthwe, as their Black and Bone color scheme appealed to a young, teenage boy.
After Codex:Craftworld Eldar was released, I saw a string of overwhelming victories. I sold my Eldar to pick up a new army.

Now, many years later, with the advent of Codex: Apocalypse, I was temped once again to build an Eldar Army. This time, I have chosen Iyanden. (I already have armies in the colors of the other Eldar Craftworlds) Plus, the Yriel model looked kind of cool.

This army will be solely for Apocalypse and will be built on the idea of the kind of tactics that I think the Eldar would use.

To that end, I envision the army looking as follows.

-An Aspect Warrior Assault Wave (2 Dire Avengers, 1 Fire Dragon Squad)
-An Iyanden Ghost Warrior force, I will use all Wraithguard, all in Wave Serpents.
-A Cloudstrike Squadron
-A Squadron of 3 Nightwings.
*I have no idea how many points this will cost.


When I play this list, I will ALWAYS bid 30 minutes. But will deploy nothing on the table.
Nothing will come in until turn 3, after my opponent has already brought in all of their reserves.
Then, I will initiate a series of surgical Strikes.

Some fun things about this list are the interworkings of the different apocalypse formations.

The Aspect Warrior assault wave causes pinning in a radius around the lead serpent. The Ghost warrior squadron confers fearlessness on friendly models nearby. With these two units, I can disembark and let loose the pinning wave, while not being affected by it.

I have bought a good bit of the Army so far, but still have a few more purchases to make.
I will get some pictures up once I really get started.

-Mike

P.S. Nightwings look awesome.

No comments: