Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Challenge Board, Game 3.

I am currently on Tier 2 of the Challenge Board.
With my newly acquired "Challenge Token" I challenge Dameon (Who I believe is the past winner) to a game.
*I apologize that there are no pictures.
We play a Seize Ground (5 Objectives) Pitched battle.
I choose to Deploy first. I choose to go First.
Dameon brings...
2 Tzeentch Daemon Princes (Gift, Warptime?, Wings)
2 Squads of 10 Chaos Space Marines w/Missile in a Rhino w/Havoc Launcher
3 Close Combat Dreadnoughts
3 Defilers

I bring the AIIG.
Turn 1:
Me: Through copious firepower, I immobilize both Rhinos and manage to Kill a Dreadnought.
I do one wound to a Daemon Prince and take the Havoc missile off of a rhino.
Everyone else runs forward towards one of 5 objectives.
Dameon: A battle cannon shell kills a Junior Officer, a Standard and a regular joe from a command squad. Battle cannons also kill 5 from a melta squad, 1 conscript, and 6 from a plasma squad.

Turn 2:
Me: I immobilize a defiler, I do one wound to the Blue daemon prince and 2 wounds to the other... Not a great round.
Dameon: Uses gift to turn a meltagun trooper into a chaos spawn. Battle Cannons kill... 2 guard from the command squad, 2 lascannon teams, one guardsman from a flamer squad.
In the ensing assault phase I lose the conscripts and 2 other squads...I cause no wounds in return.

Turn 3:
Me: I manage to kill another Dreadnought and blast the last wound off of a Daemon Prince. I assault the other daemon prince with 17 guys, I cause zero wounds and all 17 die.
Dameon: Turns 2 Missile Launcher teams into Chaos Spawn...
The Battle Cannons kill one missile team and one heavy bolter team.
In assault the Daemon Prince kills a ten man squad, the chaos spawns kill the rest of the missile squad. The dreadnought kills 4 guys, but I pass the break test (to my dismay)

Turn 4:
Me:A lone Plasma Gunner destroys a Defiler! My missile team breaks off the board.
Three lasguns from the mortar squad kill the daemon prince.
Dameon: 20 Chaos Marines dismount and run towards objectives.

At this point in the game, I stopped taking notes as I really needed to pay attention.
Basically, it boiled down to my command squad assaulting a dreadnought and managing to immobilize it with my 2 powerfists before the entire squad died in a few turns of combat.
I did not inflict any more significant casualties in the game. I was really struggling to kill armor in the later turns. The game ended in a draw with me having 2 models capturing 2 different objectives. Dameons scoring units each had one as well.

This game ended in a draw, and resulted in me losing my challenge token. So now I need to wait for someone to challenge me so that I can win one back. I need a token to challenge another player.

-Mike

No comments: