Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Challenge Board, Game 5.

I coax a man named Mike into Challenging me.
He brings Death guard, a throwback list from 4th edition.
He has...
A daemon Prince (mark of Nurgle, Wings, Warptime)
A land Raider
3 Plague Marine squads
2 Rhinos
a Havoc squad with Mark of Nurgle
a 4-man Terminator Squad
10 summoned lesser daemons.

We play a Dawn of War Capture and Control (Capture the Draw)

I did not write a formal battle report for this. So it will be kind of loose.
He advanced everything except a squad of Plague marines that he kept around his objective.
I manage to stop a Rhino early and he got his daemons in turn 2, before they were in my lines.
I had trouble stopping the land raider (as I always do).
I managed to kill the Daemon prince, Land Raider (late in the game), the daemons, and both Rhinos got Immobilized, and I killed 2 Plague Marine squads.

The game ended in a draw because of my inability to be able to effectively assault his Objective with my lasgun toting guardsmen. I had a heavy bolter squad nearby, but they were ineffective against Plague Marine armor.

The game lasted 7 full turns. It ended in a 1-1 draw, as "Capture the Draw usually does"
No challenge token for me.

These games bring me to 34W 14L 16D in fifth edition.

-Mike

No comments: