Saturday, October 31, 2009

Counter Offensive 6(Part One)

Every year, a gaming forum that I frequent (http://www.milleniumgate.net/) holds a gaming gathering at Dreamwizards, a gaming store in Rockville, MD.
Over the course of the day I played 3 games.

The first is a Spearhead Annihilation against James and his Black Templars.
I brought my AIIG (All Infantry Imperial Guard).
James brought his (Very well painted) Black Templars
Emperors Champion (re-roll to hit vow)
Marshall
3x 10-12 man squads with a mix of Initiates and Acolytes
Big Sword Brethren Squad
Dreadnought
Land Raider Crusader

I deploy and go First.
Turn 1:
Me: I let loose a ton of firepower, unfortunately due to some bad scatter, I manage to hit units I did not want to. As a consequence, James loses 1 Neophyte from the Red Squad, 4 Neophytes form the green squad, and 3 Neophytes and an Initiate from the blue squad. They all pass their leadership tests and rush forward (6, 4, and 4 inches, respectively)
James: Everyone moves forward toward the Guard Gunline at MAXIMUM speed.
Turn 2:
Me: I move my big 3 Infantry squads forward, hoping to regulate on the Land Raider Crusader. For my first "order"was a "bring it down" on the Land Raider, I rolled a 12. Shit.
On a better note, my master of Ordnance kills 5. I unleash 80 lasgun shots from 2 different squads, killing 5 and 1 respectively. In the entire turn I kill 8 from the Blue Squad.
James: Tank Shocks a big squad, luckily I pass. One of his closest squads assaults my 2 speedbump plasma squad, i lose a whole squad and one from another squad. Unfortunately, I roll double ones on my morale test, to keep me from being killed outright (and from shooting the Templars next Turn)
Turn 3:
Me: My lascannons are able to kill the Dreadnought. I shoot and am able to kill the entirety of the Green and Blue Infantry squads.
James: Tank Shock again! My melta fails to penetrate. Crap.
He deploys his sword brethern, emperors champion, and Marshall.
He triple assaults, 30 guardsmen and a lascannon team die.
I inflict no casualties.
Turn 4:
Me: I manage to kill 2 sword brethren. In close combat, I lose 4 from one squad.
The Emperors champion kills 2 guardsmen, I do zero wounds, I break and am run down (30 more die).
James: The LRC kills the 5-man plasma command squad.
The Marshall (in terminator armor) charges the lascannon team and kills all of them.
The Emperors champion kills the Flamer Command.
The Sword Brethern kill a missile squad and a mortar squad.
Ouch, I concede.
I do not know what I could have done in this fight, I was unable to even damage the Land Raider, my 30 man squads are a joke in combat (even against an emperors champion)
Hm. I think I need to re-think how I run my guard.

-Mike
This loss bring me to 34W 15L 16D

No comments: