Saturday, October 31, 2009

Counter Offensive 6(Part Two)

I then face the mighty Ken Lacy (who, despite having been out of the hobby for a while laid some beatings on a few other folks)
I bring the Pride of Iyanden
Ken brings his Slann-Tau.
He has a lot of Fire Warriors, Crisis Suits, and 2 Pathfinder Squads.

We play a Seize Ground, Pitched Battle (with 5 objectives)
Ken Deploys, I Deploy, I fail to Seize the Initiative.
Turn 1:
Ken: Ken uses his Markerlights to full effect. 4 hits to the Wraithlord, 4 to the Wraithguard.
Using suave firepower he causes 2 wounds to the Wraithlord and 3 Wraithguard die.
Me: I am able to fortune. The Parade moves forward. My "firepower" kills one Pathfinder...
Turn 2:
Ken: Markerlights the wounded Wraithlord, the ensuing firepower kills him. One more Wraithguard dies, despite my fortune.
Me: I FAIL my fortune roll. (crap) One of my Serpents shows up and I manage to kill 2 Pathfinders..
Turn 3:
Ken: Seeing that my fortune expired, ken opens up on the Parade. All in all Yriel is left with 1 wound, the Farseer with 2 and all but one Wraithguard are dead. (Wouch)
Me: My other serpent arrives. The Dire Avengers disembark, fire, and kill 8 Fire Warriors, who break off of the table.
The Parade and Wraithlord combine to destroy 2 more Fire Warrior squads.
Turn 4:
Ken: The devilfish fires and destroys the Wave Serpent. The Dire Avengers suffer 4 casualties and breaks. The farseer dies.
Me: The Wraithlord de-guns the Devilfish. Yriel rolls up and kills another Fire Warrior Squad.
Turn 5:
(At this point Ken has no scoring units left and I have one on my objective and one falling back)
Ken: Kills all of the falling back Dire Avengers. Kills the Wave Serpent sitting on my objective.
Me: I kill the Devilfish, the last unit that has the ability to contest my objective (forcing a draw)

The game ends with me having one objective, Ken has none. I am now 35W 15L 16D.

-Mike

No comments: