Saturday, October 31, 2009

Counter Offensive 6(Part Three)

Final game of CO6. I Face Bobby Griffin. (A member of The Frederick Area Gamers)
He brings his Lamenters.
From what I recall, there are two tactical squads, 10 Sternguard in a Drop Pod, 10 Terminators (shooty) and Pedro!
I bring a crappy Eldar list as I wanted to use my new Forgeworld Avatar.
We play a Pitched Battle Annihilation.
I set up my Eldar.
Bobby Sets up and Seizes the Initiative!!

Turn 1:
Bobby: The Sternguard deploy by Drop Pod, they combat squad into two separate units.
They unleash some hellfire into my wraithlords, doing 2 wounds to one and 4 to the other (wouch.)
Me: My Dire Avengers move forward and kill 2 Terminators! The wraithlord assaults a Sternguard unit (killing 4) they stay. The Seer Council kills 2 Sternguard from the other squad, they also stay.
Turn 2:
Bobby: The Terminators cause 16 wounds to the Dire avengers, I go to ground, despite that 9 (exarch included) still die. In combat, the Wraithlord misses and the Seer Council kill 2, the last one stays.
Me: My Striking Scorpions outflank on the right side. The Dire Avengers kill another Terminator. The Wraithlord and Seer Council finish their respctive combats.
Turn 3:
Bobby: His Dreadnought still does not arrive. The terminators shoot and cause 2 wounds to the Avatar. The Drop Pod storm bolters the last Dire Avenger to death.
Me: My Falcon arrives, and horribly misses. The Dire Avengers kill a tactical marine. The Avatar meltas a terminator, the Seer Council Assaults and kills the Drop Pod.
Turn 4: Bobby: His Dreadnought arrives and smokes my last Wraithlord. The terminators and tactical marines FAIL horribly and cause no wounds.
Me: The Avatar assaults, wounds Pedro, and dies... The Seer Council assaults the Dreadnought and Drop pod and destroy both.
Turn 5:
Bobby: The tactical marines fire and kill 3 Dire Avengers, the terminators join in and bring their number down to 1 plus the Exarch.
Me: The Council assaults and kills 3 terminators, they lose 3 of their number.
(no pic)
Turns 6-7: There is only close combat, The Farseer ends up dying, the Scorpions end up killing the Tactical squad.
The end result is a DRAW!

So at Counter Offensive I go 1-1-1.
This brings my record to 35W 15L 17D

-Mike

No comments: