Monday, November 9, 2009

500 Point Madness

One of my Gaming Clubs, the Inner Circle, puts on a 500 point 'tournament' every two weeks.
Catch? 500 points, using the 40k in a Flash Rules and a simplified mission.

I played 2 games last Tuesday and I brought my Eldar.
10 Guardians w/Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden
10 Guardians w/Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden
5 Striking Scorpions w/Exarch, Biting Blade, Stalker
3 Dark Reapers w/Exarch, Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot
-499

My First Opponent brought
4x 5 Space Marines in Rhinos...

Well, Game 1 went like this, use guardians or Scorps to pop a tank, Tempest Launcher the passengers. So, I did this 3 times. (once my opponent disembarked on his own accord)
At the end my opponent had an Immobilized, De-gunned Rhino, I had 2 Objectives and 7 Kill points.

My Second Opponent had a much better list.

22 Kroot
12 Fire Warriors
Devilfish
3 Stealth Suits
4 Gun Drones

My first turn saw me open up on the Kroot with the Dark Reapers, pinning them.
My Scatter lasers killed 3 Fire Warriors, but they held firm.

My opponent, Martin, Fired his Stealth suits into my scorps and killed 2. The gun drones killed 3! Guardians, who promptly became Pinned and then fled off of the Table. (even with Embolden!!)

Next turn I assaulted the Stealth Suits (who strayed too close) with my scorpions. The suits were killed to a man. I killed a bunch more Kroot, but they passed their pinning test and their break test. I killed the Gun Drones with my other Guardian Squad.

The kroot Rapid fired and killed a Scorpion, they failed their test and began the long run off of the board. (they were under half) The Devilfish rolled up and killed a Dark Reaper, the Exarch held his squad firm.

Next turn the Dark reapers finally were able to kill enough Kroot to send them packing towards the table edge. My guardians destroyed the Devilfish.

The Gun Drones that came off of the Devilfish fired and killed another Dark Reaper.
The guardians Moved to help out. The fire Warriors hoofed it towards a center objective.

The Reaper Exarch Fired, and killed all but one Fire Dragon, who broke off of the Board.

The gun drones finally killed the exarch.

The guardians shoot and kill both of the gun drones.

That was an incredibly close game, I only had one unit left at the end (spread over 2 objectives)

These short, fun games bring me to 48W 17L 19D in 5th edition.

-Mike

No comments: