Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Iyanden Project

It has been a while since I did an Iyanden update. I have most, if not all, of the models I will ever need for my Eldar. I recently took them to two tournaments and did quite well. (Winning one at 3-0, going 3-0-1 at the other)
I did not place highly in the second tournament (bottom 50%) due to my low painting scores. I tried to put more time aside to actually paint my models, I primed them using an airbrush and vallejo(sp?) Lemon Yellow, a VERY bright yellow. I then hit them with Ogryn Flesh, a GW Wash to tone it down a bit. This ended up looking, well, awful.

I have a few more tournaments coming up in the next 2 months. I decided that I needed to re-do the color scheme completely. I started on my Fire Prisms first.

First I hit them with a black primer (To cover up my past failure)


Then I threw on some aptly named Iyanden Darksun.

After that, I patterned on some Fortress Grey. Both of these colors are GW foundation paints and had plenty of pigment in them to cover my bright, yellow, shame. Next I will work on base-coating the Top Turrets. More to come.

-Mike

2 comments:

Andy - bG said...

They are looking really nice with the mix of dark yellow and the blue-grey, especially the different ways that you have mixed them to differentiate the tanks.

Unknown said...

That looks ten times better.