Friday, March 25, 2011

Winter League Update

So, for my final game in the Winter League...my opponent had to drop out of the league.
I ended up playing against the league organizer as a "ringer".

I did not do a batrep of the game due to time constraints.
My opponent brought "Nob Bikers"!
He had 2 Warbosses on Bikes, 2 10-man Nob Biker units (all armed individually), a 12-15 man boys squad, and snikrot with some Kommandos.

We were playing "Capture and Control" (aka, "Capture the Draw").
I deployed my objective in the center of my deployment zone and castled and bubble-wrapped against Snikrot. My opponent for whatever reason reserved his entire army. (is he afraid of all of my ranged firepower, lol?)

So, in this game, I was not playing for a win, I played for a draw, which I easily received after his units came in piecemeal and he had to hold an entire 10 man Nob Biker squad in his zone to capture his objective.

So, I end the league at 6-0-2. The finals have been delayed for about 2 months at this point so everyone has an opportunity to get all of their games in. I will keep you guys in the loop about the finals. (after all an 1850 point army is on the line!)

-Mike

No comments: