Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Battle for Salvation

Battle for Salvation (BFS) is less than two weeks away. The deadline for list submission is October 4th.

At Blobs Park, I told some folks that I would be bringing the Footdar to BFS. I woke up the following day and got to work painting the Footdar. I base coated 5 Storm Guardians in roughly 8 hours.

Here is what I have left.
5 more Storm Guardians
22 Regular Guardians
One Scatter Laser
6 D-Cannons
8 Harlequins
5 Rangers
Eldrad
Forgeworld Avatar

It takes about 1.5 hours to do a Guardian. The D-Cannons, Avatar, and Eldrad will take longer, naturally. Assuming 1.5 hours per model (a conservative estimate, see above) I am looking at 74 hours of prep time. I do not have that much time.

Andrew, Nick, Mike, Dameon, et al; I am sorry, I can't bring Footdar to BFS.

I am still reluctant to play my Guard, so I turn to GW's newest Codex, Sisters of Battle.

This is what I came up with

Uriah Jacobus
10 Sisters w/2 Flamers, Combi-Plasma
Rhino
10 Sisters w/2 Flamers, Combi-Plasma
Rhino
10 Sisters w/2 Flamers, Combi-Plasma
Rhino
13 Sisters w/Meltagun, Storm Bolter, Power Weapon
Ecclesiarchy Priest w/Eviscerator
5 Celestians w/2 Meltaguns
Immolator w/Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
5 Celestians w/2 Meltaguns
Immolator w/Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
5 Dominions w/2 Meltaguns
Immolator w/Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
5 Dominions w/2 Meltaguns
Immolator w/Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
5 Retributors w/4 Heavy Bolters
Immolator w/Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
5 Retributors w/4 Heavy Bolters
Immolator w/Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
5 Retributors w/4 Heavy Bolters

1999

So, I looked at my collection. I am a couple of models short. GW wants $14 for a Retributor w/Heavy Bolter? $12 for a superior (that I need to do the Combi-Plasma conversaions)?
$10 for a Meltagun? Damn this army is expensive. I will also need to convert all of my Immolators to have twin Multi-Melta instead of the now useless Twin-Heavy Flamer.

I need to obtain, build, and paint 2 retributor squads. I need to obtain, build/convert, and paint 3 superiors with Combi-Plasma (or Melta). I need to paint Uriah, a Priest, a Meltagunner, a sister Superior, and an Immolator. I need to convert 5 more Immolators.

Not out of the realm of possibility. Accomplishing this will hinge on a trip I make to GW today. If they have all of the models I need, I will try my best to get this done.

BUT, what if they are a little short of stock?

My fallback is Guard. I have wanted to change my Guard up since NOVA, but have not had the time since I have been focusing on the Footdar.
I plan to drop the following from my list:
-20 Conscripts
-Special Weapons Team w/3 Meltaguns
-Astropath
-Officer of the Fleet

In return I will add:
-Infantry Squad w/Flamer, Plasma Pistol (or Meltagun, Meltabombs)
-Infantry Squad w/Flamer, Plasma Pistol (or Meltagun, Meltabombs)
-A Meltagun to my Command Squad
-Guardsman Marbo

The Infantry Squads replace the Conscripts and take their role of a Bubblewrap unit when needed, or they can come on from reserves to grab objectives in my backfield.
Marbo causes havoc wherever he treads. The Meltagun addition is because I always seem to need one in the command squad.

We will see how the trip to GW unfolds.

-Mike

No comments: