Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Went to GW...

On my way home from work yesterday, I stopped by my local Games Workshop store to pick up some wildly expensive Sisters models.

For anyone who does not know (I didn't), Sisters of Battle are a "Direct Only" army. I was also informed that the Heavy Bolter Retributors are on back order. Cool.

The staff took the opportunity to inform me of an upcoming 40k tournament (pretty cool, I like 40k tournaments).

Whoa, 2750 points? Are the rounds 3.5 hours long? I commented that 2750 seemed like a high number of points, the staff responded, "oh just add a few tanks." Sorry guys, I claim to be good at this game. At 2750, you can clog the field with deathstar Infantry units. Then it was implied that "Comp" would be used as a factor in determining the victor. 2750 with comp? Pass. Well, I pass at "comp" tournaments in general.

Then I learned that they were out of Black Primer. What the fuck?

So, it looks like Sisters will be unavailable to me in the near future (and with the prices, probably until a new dex').

So I went home and started to convert a Marbo model.

-Mike

4 comments:

Tim said...

lol
GW running a tournament at 2750 points. Obviously an idea formulated by the sales department (yes, just buy more tanks!).

And they were out of black primer...Mike, go to home depot and get yourself a 5 dollar can of black primer. It does the same as GW's and is 1/3 the cost.

Saint Omerville said...

I just picked up some Krylon at Wal-Mart.

-Mike

Unknown said...

Which GW store did you go to?

Saint Omerville said...

The new Bunker in Bowie.