Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thinning the Horde

In whole or in part, I own the following 40k armies.  By armies, I mean enough to field one or more 2000 point lists without allies.  I own 2-3 "allied" detachments, which I will be keeping, since they are easy

-Imperial Guard
-Blood Angels
-Sisters of Battle
-Eldar
-Chaos Space Marines
-Chaos Daemons
-Grey Knights

If I divide this list into tiers based on the amount of each I own, it would look like the following:

Tier 1: (Own the most of)
-Blood Angels
-Imperial Guard

Tier 2:
-Eldar
-Sisters of Battle

Tier 3: (Own the least of)
-Chaos Space Marines
-Chaos Daemons
-Grey Knights

The purpose of this is to rationalize to myself which of these I want to keep.  Since I am on hiatus from playing competitive 40k, I have little use for seven full armies.  I am trying to decide which of these armies I will be keeping.  I am currently leaning towards keeping one Tier 1 and one Tier 2 army, but I have not decided upon which ones I will be keeping.

The first decision is an easy one,  every Tier 3 army will be liquidated and turned (hopefully) into cash.  I am under no delusions in terms of selling GW models.  I am certain that I will not be making back what I put into my "investment".  In actuality, I am not certain that I will be able to sell these things at all.  I will be "testing the waters" so to speak with the Tier 3 armies to see if it is even practical to sell the other ones.  I am not too certain right now of the state of GW and 40k in my area.  Very few people near me are playing 40k; There are no local stores near me; and there seems to be a general "mass exodus" away from GW in general.  (Like this author, lol)

Now that I have determined that I am selling the Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, and Grey Knights I need to find a place to sell them.  I have heard mixed reviews about Ebay and it being difficult for sellers.  There have been complaints about "Fees" and Ebay being "buyer-favorable" in terms of disputes.
I guess I will start with local forums, that seems like the smart thing to do.

Tonight, I will take an inventory of the things I own for each of these armies and see where that leads me.

-Saint Omerville

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Depending on the models and the price, I would be interested...

Dameon Green said...

honestly I would wait until the next batch of codecies unless your out of space