Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Inner Circle Gaming League (ICGL) and Foot Eldar

One thing I did not mention in my previous post was that I am currently involved in a league with the Inner Circle Gaming Club LINK.
So, each person will play 8 games using rulebook missions. (There are 9 permutations of mission/deployment in the rulebook, the only one we aren't using is Capture and Control Spearhead)
So, there are 14 people, each person plays 8 games. All games are 2000 points. The top 3 people and 1 random (wildcard) make it to the playoffs (think in NFL terms). You can play the games in any order, at any time, in any place. In December, I have played 7 of my eight games, and am on track to play the 8th this afternoon.
When the league began, I decided that I was going to use Foot Eldar (Footdar) for the majority of my games. I own so many models I have never used and really wanted to break some of them out. I brought two lists, one Mechanized Eldar (Mechdar) and one Footdar. Every player knows the mission, deployment, and opposing codex choice before the game starts. I will attempt to re-cap what went down in the 7 games I have played so far.

First, the lists.
Mechdar
Farseer w/Runes of Warding, Doom, Mind War
Autarch w/Fusion Gun
10 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent w/Twin-linked Bright Lance
10 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent w/Twin-linked Bright Lance
10 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent w/Twin-linked Bright Lance
5 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent w/Twin-linked Scatter Laser
5 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent w/Twin-linked Scatter Laser
5 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent w/Twin-linked Scatter Laser
Fire Prism w/Holo-Field
Fire Prism w/Holo-Field
Fire Prism w/Holo-Field

Footdar
Avatar
Eldrad
10 Dire Avengers w/Exarch, Dual Catapults, Bladestorm
10 Dire Avengers w/Exarch, Powerweapon & Shimmershield, Defend
10 Storm Guardians w/2 Flamers
10 Guardian Defenders w/Scatter Laser
10 Guardian Defenders w/Scatter Laser
5 Rangers (not pathfinders)
7 Fire Dragons w/Exarch, Firepike, Crack Shot
7 Harlequins w/6 Kisses, Shadowseer
8 Striking Scorpions w/Exarch, Scorpions Claw, Stalker, Shadowstrike
3 Dark Reapers w/Exarch, Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot
3 D-Cannons
3 D-Cannons

I will divide the "Batreps" into 2 sections, Mechdar (2 games) , and Footdar (5 games)

-Mike

No comments: