Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Defenders of Miler Voles

I have decided on a name for my imperial guard regiment, "The Defenders of Miler Voles".
Miler Voles is a fictional planet, and to my knowledge not mentioned in GW fluff.

My paint scheme comes from the cover of "Codex: Battlezones, Cityfight" which was the precursor to "Cities of Death". It is this book that made me want to originally play Imperial Guard. The thought of massed Infantry overwhelming opponents really appealed to me as a player. Sadly, an all Infantry Imperial Guard army is not very competitive under the current codex, so I opted for a more mechanized list.

1500 -The Defenders of Miler Voles

Command Squad w/3 Plasma Guns
Chimera w/Hull Heavy Flamer
10 Veterans w/3 Meltaguns
Chimera w/Hull Heavy Flamer
Platoon Command w/3 Flamers
Chimera w/Hull Heavy Flamer
Infantry Squad w/Autocannon, Flamer
Chimera
Infantry Squad w/Autocannon, Flamer
Chimera
Special Weapons Squad w/3 Meltaguns
20 Conscripts
Valkyire w/Multiple Rocket Pods
Vendetta
Vendetta
Manticore
Manticore

Tomorrow, these brave soldiers will be going to Las Vegas, Nevada to compete in the "Throne of Skulls" tournament that will take place this weekend. I will try to blog as much as I can during my stay.

-Mike

1 comment:

Gramps said...

Good luck in both tourney and any gambling.