Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FrAG Summer League 2011: Update 6/14/11


So, I have gotten in the first two games of the summer league. I did not do battle reports due to time constraints.

First game I played Chris' Deathwing in a Capture and Control. I thought I played this game well, but my list just is not able to do enough damage to 28 wounds worth of 2+/3++ . To top it off, Chris rolled very well and rolled over me. The game ended at the bottom of turn 5. I had one model who was not falling back and an 8-man squad that was falling back near my objective.

Second game I played PJ's Space Wolves in a three objective Seize ground. I baited him into setting up his entire army on the side of the table with one objective. PJ fell for the trap, committing his entire army (Including both wolf scouts to that side of the table. My terminators arrived between where PJ was and where he needed to be. (one squad, sadly, had a mishap and landed in one corner of the table) Once I killed all 40 of his scoring models, he conceded.

So, 1-1-0 so far in the league (which is better than I'd have hoped)

"For the Emperor!" - Alpha Legion Battle Cry.

-Mike

3 comments:

TheEC said...

Mike,

If PJ conceeded, how did you two work out Victory Points?

Saint Omerville said...

We just used Victory points that we had accumulated up until that point.

-Mike

TheEC said...

Good Idea. Sometimes playing to turn 6 or 7 when the results are clear gets a little old.