Thursday, June 30, 2011

Throne of Skulls Recap: Part 3

Looks like this is going to be a 4 or 5 part review because I just got an e-mail from GW containing the tournament spreadsheet. Now for some data mining.

First thing is that I missed the "Skulltaker" award by 154 Victory Points, which is bittersweet because I "pulled some punches" in my later games. (that is to say, I did not try for a full tabling)
But the guy that won (Matt Cassidy) was a cool dude so I didn't feel bad about the prize going to him. He definitely worked for it and earned it.

I counted the number of players for each army and broke down the W-L-D records.

Black Templars - 1 Player: (0-3-2) Despite having zero wins, this guy wins "Best Templar player"!
Blood Angels - 6 Players: (14-15-1)
Chaos Space Marines - 7 Players: (14-16-5)
Chaos Daemons - 3 Players: (5-9-1)
Dark Angels - 4 Players: (9-7-4)
Dark Eldar - 5 Players: (14-7-4)
Eldar - 10 Players: (23-23-3)
Grey Knights - 4 Players: (12-6-1)
Imperial Guard - 11 Players: (22-21-12)
Necrons - 4 Players: (4-12-4)
Orks - 5 Players: (17-5-3)
Space Marines - 10 Players: (20-22-6)
Space Wolves - 10 Players: (20-22-7)
Tau - 4 Players: (7-9-4)
Tyranids - 4 Players: (7-9-4)
Witch Hunters - 4 Players: (8-9-3)

As you can see, most of the armies tended to average out to an equal win-loss ratio. There are, of course, some notable exceptions. Necrons really got their asses handed to them, which is to be expected of the current "worst codex in 40k". Grey Knights and orks especially showed resounding strength in the ability to kick ass!

I will post the top 10 or so placing players in anther update.

-Mike

4 comments:

Marshal Laeroth said...

I am very interested to know who the Black Templar player was, as I don't know anyone from the BT community that went. And its strange that I didn't hear about it...my email inbox is full of BT players tournament intentions and lists.

As such, its a bit disappointing that an unknown player represented my army so poorly and I do nothing to help this John Doe improve. :O

Saint Omerville said...

His name is Cory Oakes.
I have no idea where is from though.

He played against
-Space Marines (loss)
-Eldar (loss)
-Wolves (draw)
-Guard (draw)
-Tyranids (loss)

in that order.

-Mike

Marshal Laeroth said...

Hmmm. I did some research and it looks like he plays GK's as his primary army. He's a local Vegas player. Must have decided on a whim to bring the BT.

He drew against the more difficult opponents, but failed against the "softer" armies. I'm shocked. :O

Unknown said...

Dark Eldar also had an impressive showing, which is surprising at 1500 points.