Monday, August 23, 2010

Alright.

Hey, I have been sick. I tried drinking wine and beer as a cure, but it didn't work yet.
Here we go.

1) Monty (Mkerr), nice to meet you. You seem alright, and are probably a nice guy. I rescind your "Fuck you". Nick (Tasty) keeps his. (Not that either of you should care)

2) Why was I upset at these two? This can get a bit long, I will try to simplify.
There exist 2 websites, Bell of Lost Souls (BOLS) and Yes The Truth Hurts (YTTH).
BOLS held a wargames convention (WargamesCon or BOLSCon). I didn't go, I was busy.
A different entity held NOVACon 2 weekends ago. A man named Andrew Sutton (Stelek) runs YTTH, he attended NOVACon and gave it great reviews on his blog.

Monty runs a blog called "Chainfist". Nick runs a blog called "Blood of Kittens". Google them, if you like, I read all of the blogs that I mention in this post. Nick and Monty are (currently) banned from YTTH. Stelek is banned from BOLS. (I believe)

I went to NOVACon and had an awesome time (more on that in later posts). It was being billed as a "truly competitive event", which irked Monty and Nick on their respective blogs. Monty and Nick were very critical (Nick more than Monty, hence, his "Double Fuck You").
In fact, Monty, in later days provided constructive criticism.

At the time I made the first post, it seemed like these two were being critical of an event they didn't attend just to be critical and further drive a wedge in between the YTTH-crowd and BOLS-crowd (If such things exist).
I hope everyone is clear now. Stop texting me about it. I was never angry with these two, I don't even know them.

Now, onto other things. Someone mentioned wanting to play me. I cannot reply in comments at work, I can only post and see my blog through google-reader. If you guys want to set up a game, e-mail me msomervi@gmail.com

-Mike

3 comments:

TheEC said...

Why didn't you tell me you were getting texts.. I feel like I missed out. Perhaps, i'll have to text you double time to make up for it. Do you like Sausage? lol.

You know I'm always down for a game.

In all seriousness, I look forward to reading more about your NOVACon experience. I've heard nothing but great things about the event. Now I'm curious to what Nick and Monty felt about the event.

Mike Jötunn said...

That was me :D. Email incoming!

Unknown said...

Hey Mike! I hope you are feeling better - I would suggest a home remedy, but you've already tried beer and wine, so I'm at a loss.

Thanks for rescinding the "Fuck You", lol (and of course I care). I like to think I'm a nice guy, but it's easy to come off as a prick in text.

"Nick and Monty are (currently) banned from YTTH. Stelek is banned from BOLS. (I believe)"

Our ban from YTTH was pretty short, but - as far as I know - Stelek is still banned from BOLS.

"It was being billed as a "truly competitive event", which irked Monty"

I wasn't irked by the ultra-competitive nonsense. I actually want the event to be a success, but I had some concerns (and some of them actually played out).

I'm actually trying to help the organizer make a better event, but it's tough to hear criticism over something that you worked so hard to create.

"further drive a wedge in between the YTTH-crowd and BOLS-crowd (If such things exist)."

There is no YTTH-crowd vs. BOLS-crowd thing. There's only a Mkerr vs. Stelek thing, lol.

I'm sure he's an awesome guy in person (it's hard to hate someone that you play games with). I just wish he'd stop the constant attacks. I can put up with a lot of crap -- but I draw the line at attacking my friends. I'm sure you would too.