Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Battle Report Time!

In this corner, Mike Somerville (Me!)
I bring my 1850 Foot Angels with 3 added Attack Bikes (putting me to 2k)

My opponent, another, more famous Mike, brings Tyranids.
Parasite of Mortrex
10 Termagaunts
10 Termagaunts
10 Termagaunts
Tervigon w/Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons
Tervigon w/Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons
Tervigon w/Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons
3 Hive Guard
3 Hive Guard
3 Hive Guard
20 Garoyles w/Toxin Sacs
Trygon Prime
Trygon Prime

We play a Dawn of War Board Quarters mission. I win the roll off, and elect to go first.
I deploy 2 combat squads on the board (Lascannon and Plasma Cannon)
Mike elects not to deploy anything.

Turn 1:
Me: I begin by walking/running everything onto the board.
Mike: Moves everything on, runs some things, FNP's some things, the Hive guard manage to kill 2 marines.
Two pictures from the bottom of turn 1.


Turn 2:
Me: I unleash hell (a la the opening scene in gladiator) I cause 3 wounds to the Tervigon on the right and 2 to the Tervigon on the left.
Mike: All Tervigons birth some gaunts, all of them are done birthing.
Mike attempts to use Catalyst 3 times, but since he cannot roll above a 2, the Librarian shuts him down with the psychic hood. I lose 1 attack bike to shooting. The gaunts cause a wound to another, and a Trygon Prime kills a third.

Two pics from the bottom of turn 2.


Turn 3:
Me: I dispose of a Tervigon, killing a few nearby gaunts. Shooting causes 2 wounds to the trygon. I kill all of the gargoyles that were guarding the parasite. The Parasite kills 2 and makes 2 ripper bases. 4 wounds are caused from fearless.
Mike: Kills another attack bike with shooting.
A trygon kills an attack bike squad, another trygon kills the sanguinary priest plus another marine. I fail my leadership, am caught, and lose another model.

Two pictures from the bottom of turn 3:



Turn 4:
Me: All of my shooting is directed at the Trygon Primes, killing one.
We then move to Assault! I use The Sanguine Sword and charge 2 squads in, killing the other Trygon Prime. The parasite and squad draws 3-3.
Mike: Gets a Catalyst to finally work! His shooting kills 2 marines from the big red tactical squad.
HTH(hand-to-hand): Ripper swarm charge in to tie up heavy weapons. One draws at 0-0, the other squad kills a base. The termagants charge in, kill none, and lose 2. They then lose another two from combat resolution.

Two pictures from the bottom of turn 4:


Turn 5:
Me: My shooting brings down the Tervigon that had 5 wounds on it. More shooting causes 2 wounds to the last Tervigon. HTH: LOTS of gaunts die in this round due to pretty good rolling.
Mike: Hive Guard shooting kills 4 from the plasma devastator squad.
HTH: The Tervigon and Hive guard charge my big unit, Corbulo takes a wound, one marine dies. I cause none in return, I pass my Ld test. In other parts of the board, I kill all the rippers!

Two pictures from the bottom of turn 5:



Turn 6:
Me: The guys in the center building kill the gaunts they were fighting. The parasite finally goes down to a charge from devastators. Poor rolling on both sides causes zero wounds in the big combat.
Mike: Shooting kills one marine. In close combat, nothing happens.

We end the game. I have 3 board quarters to Mikes one. Great game.
Two pictures from the bottom of turn 6:



-Mike