Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Final ICGT Practice: The Ginger Giant

Played a quick pick up game against Nicholas (Scooter) Walters, who has found recent fame as "Drunk Guy" at the NOVAOpen Friday night Whiskey Challenge. (from the 11th company podcast)

He brought his Tau, he also never provides an army list.
(From Memory)
Commander and Retinue with loads of wargear.
Kroot w/Kroot Riders, Hounds.
12 Fire warriors, markerlight Drone.
12 Fire warriors, markerlight Drone.
6 pathfinders, devilfish
6 pathfinders, devilfish
3 Broadsides w/ Shield Drones
3 Broadsides w/ Shield Drones
Hammerhead, railgun

We roll for a Dawn of War annihilation.
(I didn't bring my camera, hence there will be no pictures, sorry)
Scooter wins the roll and deploys nothing, I deploy some squads forward I seize the Initiative.

Turn 1:
Me: I walk everything onto the board, bikes turboboost, I run most everyone.
My plasma Cannon kills a shield drone.

Scooter: Walks everyone on the board. Since he has mobile firepower, he kills 2 attack bikes and kills a marine from the orange squad.

Turn 2:
Me: I move units up on the left. The attack bike kills a shield drone from the HQ unit.
My shooting kills 3 Pathfinders and 6 fire warriors, who both fail their tests and break off the board.
The attack bike charges the HQ, causes 0 wounds and takes none in return.

Scooter: markerlights hit the orange squad. The vehicles(2 devilfish, 1 hammerhead) kill8 from the orange squad. 5 die from the big red squad.

Turn 3:
Me: I kill 2 Pathfinders and 6 fire warriors. HTH: 0-0 Draw.

Scooter: The kroot do a wound to corbulo, Shooting kills the librarians squad.
HTH: 0-0 Draw.

Turn 4: I kill nothing with shooting. The librarian and Corbulo charge into the command squad. 0-0 Draw. (Even with Str 10)

Scooter: kills the last man from the orange squad.
HTH: I cause one wound, take none, the Tau stay.

Turn 5:
Me: I shoot, kill 1 krootox and 5 kroot, they pass.
I kill a devilfish and 3 Fire Warriors.
HTH: I do another wound, take none back, and stay.

Scooter: Kills a 5-man squad.
HTH: I do 2 wounds, they stay.

Turn 6:
Me: Kill a single fire warrior, 3 or so kroot, they run.
HTH: I kill a drone, Tau pass Ld.

Scooter:
HTH: I kill a Suit, finally, the Tau still hold.

Game ends.

I have lost
-Attack Bike
-Attack Bike
-10 Man Tactical
-10 Man Tactical
-5 Man Devastator

Scooter has lost
-Kroot
-Fire Warriors
-Pathfinders
-Devilfish

Scooter wins, 5-4.

These 4 practice games bring me to 71W 26L 20D, in 5th edition.

-Mike

2 comments:

Marc said...

Mike, what was your list?

Marshal Laeroth said...

Not going to lie, I was one of the first to dub him "Drunk Guy" in the Ustream chatroom...and he deserves the E-Fame! ;)

I would totally buy and wear a "Drunk Guy" T-Shirt. He's hilarious! :D